Hi there. Welcome to my bio page.
Admittedly, I’m not very comfortable with self-promoting. I often struggle with it. However, since this is my new website and it’s still very much a work in progress, here’s a little something to hold you over until I add more exciting stuff like media files, perusal scores, and blog updates.
- Currently I compose production music for podcasts, video game music, online media, TV, short films, and audio dramas.
- My music company offers original source material, including sample libraries, VST soundbanks, and SFX.
- I’m a classically trained pianist and composer. I’ve been working in sound design for the past 20 years.
- Some of my current side projects include building modular synths and creating patches for software synthesizers.
- My digital recorder goes everywhere with me – I love discovering new sounds … (from sound).
- I’m a music teacher and sound designer, planning to go back to school for my doctorate.
- I create free e-learning content that focuses on LilyPond, Pure Data, and sound design.
- Originally I was a MUED major before switching to music theory & composition.
- In the 7th grade I composed my very first piece (it was terrible).
- I’m interested in opportunities to explore writing for collaborative mixed-media installations, short films, and dance.
- I’m proud to support the strong and vibrant new music scene in the Boston area.
- I love musical puzzles.
- I wear many hats.
- I always have wicked bad hat hair.
- This is by far the most I’ve ever used the first-person singular nominative case personal pronoun in one setting.
I would like to thank all of my teachers for helping me to become the musician and composer I am today. I am so grateful to all of them for their dedication, motivation and inspiration. Each one of them always pushed me to be a better musician, a more confident performer, and to believe in myself. Especially during my undergraduate years – when I had many external factors out of my control which impacted my academic achievements and ability to fully engage with the department – my teachers continued to try to guide me through it all. They knew my potential. They never gave up on me. I have gratitude in my heart for all of their guidance and patience with me.
It would bring me such joy to become a professor of music where I too can help guide, encourage, and nurture young composers as they grow to shape the course of the next generation of new concert music.
If you would like to see a list of my compositions, here is the link for that. The scores and media materials will be available for free perusal and/or purchase in the coming weeks. I’m moving all my media files over to SoundCloud for hosting.
If you’re interested in having a lesson with me, please sign up on the lessons page.
Curious about what projects I’m currently working on? Looking for custom sound design / commissioned work? Just want to reach out and say hello? Contact me here. Have a great day, thanks for stopping by! 🤙